Thursday, December 1, 2016

December 1st

https://www.mormon.org/christmas/in-25-ways-over-25-days/jesus-lifted-others-burdens


"Jesus lifted other's burdens and so can you."

Today was the beginning of the #LIGHTtheWORLD campaign and it was a great day. I didn't do anything spectacular or over the top but I took the time to call a few really good friends that I haven't talked to as much as I would like and it was fun to catch up and let them know I care about them.

Also my ward (wards are Mormon congregations) organized a service auction where we offer services and then members of the ward bid on the services with canned food.  It was an exciting evening and we had so much canned food it will be a great contribution to the food shelter.  There were some great services offered as well! Everything from a nice talk about life over Frozen Yogurt to Violin lessons to a week of dish washing.  It was a fun event where we were able to offer service to each other while serving those who are in need of food.


As finals approach I have felt a lot of stress but today as I strived to think of others a lot of the stress melted away. It's not gone! I still have my tests to prepare for, but taking some time to not think about yourself is maybe the best thing you can do for yourself. So if you're a generous person, go out and serve, and if your a selfish person, go out and serve. I promise that both groups will end up happy.

#LIGHTtheWORLD

1 comment: