Saturday, December 3, 2016

December 3rd

https://www.mormon.org/christmas/in-25-ways-over-25-days/jesus-helped-others-to-see

"Jesus helped others to see and so can you"

Today for my service I subscribed with the "Be my eyes" app. It isn't available yet for android so my subscription means that I will be notified as soon as it is. I also shared the app on Facebook to encourage my friends with Apple phones to download it now! It's an awesome app that literally lets you help people see.



I also am so blessed to have the ability to be financially able to make some donations to charity. I signed up for a recurring donation for a year with Charity Vision. The program is 12/25 which is the date of Christmas so for Christmas they want as many people as possible to sign up for 12 months donating $25 a month. Why $25? Because a $25 donation is enough to perform 1 cataract surgery. They perform thousands of vision restoring surgeries in dozens of underdeveloped countries. I was able to attend a presentation at BYU by this charity and they are the real deal. 

To learn more about Charity Vision follow this link: http://charityvision.net/about/

To sign up for the 12/25 program follow this link: Donation to 12-25: Gift the Gift of Sight

Today was exciting for me because I thought that any service would be metaphorical. Christ literally restored sight to the blind but I can't do anything that literal. I was wrong though. We literally can help restore sight to the blind. What an amazing time we live in.

I love our Savior and feel so honored to follow His example.

#LIGHTtheWORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment