Friday, December 2, 2016

December 2nd




"Jesus honored his parents, and so can you."
Today I was able to serve first by finding an old video of my Great Grandma Pearson talking about her love for her children and giving some great wisdom.  A few pearls of wisdom she taught is the importance of hard work. She said that as long as we can take care of ourselves we ought to. She also talked about the blessing of sight. She was losing hers and said that we need to appreciate the beautiful things of the world.  Lastly she shared her feelings that the most important thing we can do in life is gain knowledge because we can't take any material things with us into the next life, only gain knowledge. I was able to share this video with family and it was a blessing to honor her memory.

Secondly, I had the opportunity to skype with my parents! This is a particularly special blessing because my dad recently suffered a heart attack. It was very scary news but I was blessed that when I learned about it they already knew that everything would be okay. He is at home and resting and it was so great to talk to him and my mom. They are such wonderful parents who have been so supportive of me in everything I do and I'm so blessed to have been born into their family. I took a couple screen shots of our skype call, but none of them came out right so I have to use a picture where my mom's eyes are closed... Sorry mom! Haha


I love my parents!

#LIGHTtheWORLD


No comments:

Post a Comment