Friday, December 9, 2016

December 9th



"Jesus visited the lonely and so can you"

I was afraid that today I would not find time to do my service. I woke up and immediately began studying for my accounting final, after a couple of hours I went to my friend Stephie's to study for anatomy and I was there all day! It was around 7pm that we decided to take a study break and the topic of the light the world campaign came up. I work at an assisted living home as a server in the dining room and so I thought it would be fun to go and visit one of my friends that live there. Stephie and I went and visited one of the residents named Bill. It was a great time! I got to learn about his service in the Navy, his family, and his passion for classical cars, and by passion, I mean PASSION. His walls were covered with photographs of cars and he had a small table dedicated to building model cars. It was a lot of fun to get to know him beyond his food preferences and hopefully we could brighten his day a little bit as well! 


Studies show that 60% of residents living in nursing homes never get visits, so if you ever have any extra time, then there's a great way to fill it!

#LIGHTtheWORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment