Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5th


"Jesus healed the sick and so can you"

I am amazed at the number of things we can do to help the sick. I chose to go with donating blood today. I'm blessed to be at a University filled with students who believe in God and strive to serve their fellow man. Today there were two blood drives on campus and both were very busy. I had to wait two hours to donate but finally got my turn. At the blood drive there were a couple guys with signs who were gathering photos to do a short video about the LDS Church's campaign and so I let them take my picture and asked them to take one on my phone as well. 


I haven't donated blood in a long time because I thought that if I was going to let them take fluid from my body I might as well get paid for it and I started selling plasma. Today however I dug deep inside of me and decided that I could live just fine without that little bit of supplemental income. I'm glad I did because even though I had to wait two hours, there was a great spirit in the room as everyone selflessly served their fellow man. My sacrifice was not without rewards though! I got a nice can of apple juice and a bag of mini-Oreo's. Yum!

#LIGHTtheWORLD



No comments:

Post a Comment